Discover the Best Things to do in Highland Lakes
Your Personal Guide to Highland Lakes attractions, hotels, restaurants and more!
If you look at a map of Highland Lakes you'll see why it's such a popular destination for travelers. Nestled in the famed Texas Hill Country, this chain of six lakes offers endless aquatic entertainment, spectacular views and lazy days of pure relaxation.
We make it easy to explore all six of the Highland Lakes in central Texas:
- Lake Buchanan
- Inks Lake
- Lake LBJ
- Lake Marble Falls
- Lake Travis
- Lake Austin
Our website is the largest, most comprehensive resource covering the Highland Lakes area with over 80 categories of information and over 1,000 photos of the area. You'll find information on nearby towns, local attractions, special upcoming events, lake rental houses, lodges on the lakes, real estate information and much more. We've also included information on Lady Bird Lake, which is in downtown Austin, TX.
6 Amazing Reasons to Plan a Vacation on Highland Lakes
by Rachel Stinson
All work and no play make one dull. That is a famous maxim that emphasizes the importance of taking out time from work to rest and enjoy. No one has ever denied this fact of rest and action leading to longevity. The only thing is that people are always looking for ingenious places and ways to enjoy their holiday. So when people are budgeting money and allotting time for the holiday, they are merely asking the question, where do I go to spend time and enjoy myself?
If you are among the people, looking to spend time on vacation, search no more, the Highland Lakes offers you an incredible opportunity.
Find below six unusual reasons for you to plan a vacation on Highland Lakes
- Affordability - Highland Lakes is "pocket-friendly" as the saying goes. Management ensures that its prices are affordable in other to attract more customers and provide repeated patronage. However, its policy of affordability does not in any way dilute the quality of its products and services. So going to Highland Lakes, you are sure of having your dream vacation without spending a fortune.
- Beautiful scenery - The Highland Lakes boasts of beautiful landscapes where you and your friends and loved ones can relax and unwind. In this world of "selfies," you have countless places to take pictures, and it will appear as if you are out of this world. This scenery also provides you with fantastic opportunities to relax.
- Lodging, Restaurant, and Wineries - This holiday spot provides you with numerous places to sleep, eat, drink and play all year round. You can be sure we will not run out of accommodation any time you wish to visit, as we have a lot of comfortable guest houses you can sleep. If you are in the neighborhood, you can stop by to have a drink and use the opportunity to assess our facilities and tell your friends the result of your finding. The Texas Hill Country has dozens of great wineries.
- Security and Safety - In Highland Lakes, we do take the protection of life and property very seriously. To bolster this, we have our internally trained security, complemented by the State police. Safety measures are embedded in our rooms and facilities. From, CCTV cameras, fire extinguishers to phone numbers you can dial in case of emergency. Considering the close attention we give to security, we have not recorded any strict security or safety breach in our long years of existence.
- Entertainment - While in Highland Lake, we ensure you have a marvelous time to remember for a very long time. We help you create fond memories that will ever remain green in your mind with the packages we have put together to keep you entertained. From the Walkway of Lights in Marble Falls, annual boat races in Marble Falls, hot air balloon festival in Horseshoe Bay, skiing, hunting, paddle boarding, rock climbing, kayaking, spelunking to hiking, you have something that will astound you no matter the time of the year you visit.
- Easy Access - That is another advantage that Highland Lakes enjoy. We are located very close to some of the big cities like Austin, San Antonio, or Waco. So you can take the opportunity to stop by if you are residing in or visiting these cities or looking around for vacant land for sale. Ours is a great vacation destination, and many people have or are planning to make it their part-time or permanent homes.
In concluding, I will say that the Highland Lakes provides numerous opportunities that you can take advantage. If you are planning a weekend getaway, some days off your busy work, vacation schedule, temporary or permanent home, you can come to us, and we have options to take care of your need.
About the Author
Rachel Stinson has always had a knack for writing, food, fashion, home improvement and sports. Blogging has combined all four for her with an added bonus of enthusiastic audiences. She expertly analyzes real estates, restaurant and online packaging stores Dignam.com with respect to pricing and people involved and can express her opinions in an unhesitant, engaging manner for all matters.
Highland Lakes Lodging
One of the most important parts of your vacation is finding Highland Lakes lodging that is close to all of the action. Since so many people visit the area there's a huge variety of options:
- RV Parks
- Cabins for Rent
- Lake Rental Houses
- Vacation Homes for Rent
- Bed & Breakfast Inns
If you're a snowbird or Winter Texan looking for a warmer place to spend the cold months, you can also find information on long-term rentals. Looking for a place to retire? The Highland Lakes area of Central Texas is one of the most popular spots for retirees.
Highland Lakes Attractions Out on the Water
The number one Highland Lakes Texas points of interest is the water. Four of the six Highland Lakes are normally at constant water levels, which is ideal for boating and other water activities.
The Highland Lakes are a fisherman's paradise. The lakes are abundant with striper, largemouth bass, white bass and catfish. Whether you fish for sport, recreation or relaxation there's a lake you're sure to enjoy.
Lake LBJ Marina
Don't have a boat or jet-skis? That's not a problem on any of the Highland Lakes. You can rent a variety of watercraft locally from businesses out on the lake. There are also plenty of boat launches if you do plan to bring your own boat.
Many visitors find one of the most interesting things to do in Highland Lakes is deer watching. Llano County is aptly named "The Deer Capital of Texas". You'll come across some of the friendliest deer you've ever seen in Horseshoe Bay on Lake LBJ. Deer are also plentiful around Inks Lake at the golf course and the State Park. Just keep in mind it's not advisable to feed wild animals, and in some areas feeding the deers is prohibited.
You will find great fishing in the Highland Lakes. The photo above is a Striper caught in Lake
Buchanan by a local resident.
Fun Facts About the Highland Lakes
- The Highland Lakes are located in Central Texas starting about 85 miles northwest of Austin and going all the way down to the capital city.
- The Highland Lakes are located in four Texas counties: Llano, Burnet, Williamson and Travis Counties.
- In the spring from the middle of March through most of June the Highland Lakes area turns into a virtual paradise with the fields of wildflowers.
- First, the Bluebonnets bloom, and they are quickly joined by the red Indian Paintbrush flowers for beautiful fields of red and blue.
Visit the Highland Lakes Like a True Texan
Take your time exploring all the fun things to do in Highland Lakes. We regularly add information and photos that keep visitors up-to-date on what to see and do on your next Texas vacation.
Thank you for visiting the Highland Lakes Web Page at HighlandLakes.com.
Current Weather Conditions for
Texas Highland Lakes and Hill Country
Do you know about a Web Site that belongs
on The Highland Lakes Web Page?
. Thank you!
Highland Lakes Home Page